Good morning! Welcome to “Thankful Thursday,” a weekly time and place inspired by the book, One Thousand Gifts, to think about how we’ve been blessed. I hope you join in on the fun – what are you thankful for this week?
Here’s my list for this week. I thank God for:
- hanging out with friends
- trying a couple new things: making my own food calendar and ordering some prints to enter into a local photo contest. I’ve learned so much about pictures in the last few days! That really means I’m thankful for overcoming the obstacles I faced rather than giving up.
- I’m so thankful for all the new things I’ve been able to try the past few months, really. It’s hit me hard the past day or two how privileged I am to be able to try different things and to keep learning more about myself and my interests.
- getting groceries before it got crazy cold/windy again
- I thought it was really cool, the other day, as I was reading on the couch I looked up and it was snowing (again) but it was like I was in a snow globe – the snow wasn’t tiny but wasn’t giant either and it was just swirling around, kind of suspended in the air. It was really pretty and I just had a “living in THIS moment” moment.
- having lunch with a friend I’d not seen in a while…I was able to be completely honest and I was encouraged and refreshed. She gave me a boost of courage that I needed to take action on a couple things. Lunch was good too!
- a new devotion book I was given for Christmas – it makes me think and is encouraging. I like it a lot.
- new growth on some of my plants